Maple River Labs
Puppy Sale/Adoption Agreement
This agreement is in effect as of: ______________________
Date of Birth: _______________________ Puppy AKC #__________________________
Sire: __________________________ Dam: _______________________________
Maple River Labs agrees to provide the following:
1) This puppy has a 7-day general health guarantee. This puppy is sold in good faith with no known health problems unless specifically stated in this contract. This puppy has been inspected by a licensed veterinarian prior to delivery to the buyer to ensure that it is in healthy condition for travel and is not known to carry any infectious diseases or genetic abnormalities. In addition, this puppy is guaranteed to have received typical age appropriate vaccinations, deworming treatments, and has been micro chipped.
2) Maple River Labs warrants that this puppy will be free from any screenable genetic disease as advertised related to eyes, heart, liver, kidney and lungs for two years from the date of sale. Maple River Labs is not responsible for any health issues that arise due to environmental factors, overfeeding, abuse, neglect, untimely veterinary care or accidental injury. In the event a screenable genetic fault is detected, the puppy will be replaced, or monies refunded as mutually agreed upon by the parties of this contract. Should such illness occur, veterinary documentation to support any diagnosis will be submitted to Maple River Labs prior to replacement of refund. The seller also reserves the right to have his veterinarian examine the dog should any congenial fault be suspected.
3) Maple River Labs warrants that both parents of this puppy have been screened, x-rayed, and found to be negative for hip dysplasia. Siblings, parents and pedigrees of both sire and dam have been researched closely to ensure that both parents of this puppy are healthy representatives of the breed. However, as hip dysplasia is a multifactorial disease and cannot be linked solely to a single genetic cause, Maple River Labs will not be held liable should this puppy develop hip dysplasia. Hip dysplasia is greatly affected by both environment and nutrition. It is recommended that the puppy be fed a premium, high quality dog food to ensure proper growth and development. This puppy should also be raised and exercised in a way that is conducive to optimum joint health.
4) This puppy is being sold with LIMITED AKC REGISTRATION meaning litters produced by this dog cannot be registered with AKC. Full AKC registration may be available for an additional fee to approved homes. Those that purchased with limited registration as a puppy can upgrade to full registration at a later date upon proof of hip testing rated good or excellent. Full registration will not be granted to dogs with hip dysplasia without proof of spay or neuter.
5) Maple River Labs reserves the right to refuse purchase to anyone at any time. The deposit or payments received will be refunded in full if refusal is implemented.
6) The buyer agrees that this dog will not be used in any manner that is inhumane. The buyer will take good care of the dog. This includes providing quality nutrition, shelter, medical care (including all vaccinations as determined by your veterinarian) and a safe environment to ensure the physical well-being of the dog. The buyer also agrees to provide the personal time, love, and human connection needed by Labrador Retrievers to develop and mature emotionally.
7) The buyer agrees to feed a premium quality large breed dog/puppy food. The amount fed shall be appropriate for the age and energy level of the dog.
8) Payment for this puppy must be received in full prior to any travel or departure from Maple River Labs.
9) Maple River Labs is not responsible for any veterinarian expenses incurred on returned dogs.
10) In the event you wish to return your puppy, Maple River Labs must be notified prior to returning the puppy and a return contract must be signed before Maple River Labs will accept possession of a returned puppy. Maple River Labs will refund only the purchase price paid for the puppy minus the $200 deposit. Maple River Labs will not refund deposits paid on returned puppies and the buyer acknowledges that those monies paid will be forfeit in the event of a returned puppy. Maple River Labs may be willing to relocate the deposit to another litter depending on the circumstances surrounding the return, but this will be done at the sole discretion of Maple River Labs and no such agreement is automatically implied in this contract.
11) Buyers are responsible for all transportation costs in all cases.
All parties agree by signature, to follow the terms of this agreement. This contract contains the entire agreement between these parties and is not transferable. Any legal action for whatever reason would take place in the state and county of the residence of the seller.
Seller: __________________________________ Date_______________
Seller name: ________________________________________________
Buyer: __________________________________ Date_______________
Buyer name: ________________________________________________